about 15 years. He preferred the farm and carried on some farming and stock raising operations. He married Mrs. Josie Hancock Jeffus in 1893 and some years later settled near Detroit where he engaged in farming and stock raising until his death in 1905. John M. Fisher was a lifelong, consistent member of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, and was active in all civic affairs of the community in which he lived.
Joseph H. Fisher came from Tennessee to Red River County in 1888 and settled on Blossom Prairie near Fulbright. He never attempted anything in a business way other than farming, in which business he was eminently successful. He was a ruling elder in the Cumberland Presbyterian Church at old Bethel in Red River County, which church was afterwards removed to Fulbright. He died in 1925. He always took an active interest in church and school affairs and was the father of twelve children, eight boys and four girls, six boys and two girls still living.
John L. Fisher, the youngest of the Fisher brothers, came to Texas in 1886, bringing with him an invalid mother and two sisters to Red River County in 1887. He adopted teaching as a vocation, but on account of the short school terms and increased expenses caused by the care of an invalid mother, he was compelled to couple farming with his efforts. Of the 50 years he has been a citizen of Red River County, he spent 28 of them teaching in rural and village schools, four of which