were spent in eastern Lamar County, the other 20 in western Red River County. He taught at Mosley, Bruton Lane, Rugby, Beulah, Midway, Woodland, and Reunion. Of these years he failed in his vocation with growing a living out of the soil and raising stock. He married his boyhood sweetheart in MacNary County, Tennessee, in 1894, at the age of 33 years and brought her to Texas. He was always active in civic affairs, and was a ruling elder in the Cumberland Presbyterian Church until it was merged with the Presbyterian Church U. S. A. There was so much opposition to that union in the local church that it was disbanded, some going to the Methodist and others moving their membership to the Presbyterian Church at Detroit. J. L. Fisher is still active in the ripe age of 75 years. He spends a great deal of his time studying the problems of the State and best ways and means of getting worthwhile things done locally.
TWO PROMINENT FAMILIES IN EASTERN RED
In 1791 William Medford and his bride, Matilda Dempey, sailed from County Ulster, Ireland, and disembarked at Charleston, South Carolina. They later moved into the new country of Georgia, locating at Milledgeville, then the capital. To this union were born five sons and one daughter, located in as many different parts of the State,